Warm Spiced Cashew Coconut Milk
A creamy and warming cashew and coconut spiced milk.
On a cool day, curl up with a creamy and warming cup of cashew and coconut spiced milk. This comforting drink is made with fresh ginger cinnamon and vanilla.
- ¼ cup/ 28g organic cashews (soaked in water for 8 hours or overnight in fridge)
- ½ cup / 40g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-2 large soft medjool date (pits removed)
- 1/2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. good quality cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or half a vanilla bean scraped
- 2 cups/ 480ml hot water
- Grated nutmeg to garnish
- Rinse the cashews and add to blender along with unsweetened shredded coconut, medjool dates, ginger, cinnamon, vanilla and hot water.
- Blend in a high speed blender for about 2 minutes, until frothy and steaming.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl and press on the solids to extract as much milk as possible.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with nutmeg if desired.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE