Vanilla Roasted Pears With Bourbon Cream And Glazed Pecans
Roasted pears served with bourbon spiked coconut whipped cream and glazed pecans.
For the Glazed Pecans:
- 1 cup/ 120g pecans
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml raw wildflower honey (use maple syrup for vegan version)
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Roasted Pears:
- 4 ripe but firm bosc pears, cored, peeled and halved or quartered
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons/30g of filtered water
- 1/4 cup/60ml raw wildflower honey (use maple syrup for vegan version)
- 4 Tablespoons/60ml coconut oil
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- pinch of sea salt
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can of regular coconut milk chilled overnight in the fridge
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons raw wildflower honey (use maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons bourbon (or substitute Cognac or vanilla extract)
Make the Glazed Pecans:
- Melt honey, coconut oil and salt in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, add pecans stirring to coat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the syrup reduces and thickens, and coats the nuts (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat; scrape onto baking sheet and let cool until dry (about 30 minutes).
Make the Roasted Pears:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the pears in a single layer in a medium oven proof baking dish and set aside while making the sauce.
- In a small saucepan or skillet over low heat, whisk together the honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, water, vanilla seeds with the bean and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until it starts to thicken (about 2 minutes) and pour over pears.
- Roast pears for 30-35 minutes until tender, flipping the pears halfway through spooning the dish juices over occasionally.
- Divide the pear halves among serving dishes. Serve warm with the sauce at the bottom of the dish, the whipped coconut cream and glazed pecans.
Make the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Open and scoop the solidified cream that has risen to the top of the can of coconut milk, discarding the clear liquid underneath.
- Transfer coconut cream to a pre-chilled mixing bowl and beat on low with the honey and bourbon with a stand or hand mixer until lightened. Increase speed to high and continue beating until thick and creamy.
- Serve with the roasted pears and glazed pecans.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE