Thin Green Spinach And Herb Omelettes
Thin omelettes made with spinach and fresh herbs.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh herbs such as chives, flat leaf parsley, tarragon and chervil
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil for pan
- Lightly dressed salad greens of your choice
- 1 or 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- In the bowl of a mini food processor pulse the fresh herbs and spinach until finely chopped.
- Add the eggs, coconut milk, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper; pulse until well combined.
- In a medium non-stick omelette or crêpe pan, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat, tilting the pan so that it coats the surface evenly.
- Add the egg mixture swirling quickly so that it forms an even layer over the bottom of the pan.
- Cook just until egg is just set, edges are dry and the top is just set (1-2 minutes).
- Run a spatula around the edges and lift slightly to loosen it from the pan.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- Fill half the omelette with salad greens and crumbled cheese (if using), and fold other over the filling.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE