Stone Fruit In Lemon Thyme Syrup
Stone fruit served with a light and simple honey and thyme syrup.
- 3/4 cup/ 180ml filtered water
- ¼ cup/ 60ml fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup/ 120ml honey
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 or 5 nectarines, peaches and plums, sliced
- 2 to 4 oz crème fraiche or plain yogurt (for serving)
- ¼ cup/ 28 g sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- Garnish: thyme sprigs; lemon zest
- Bring water, lemon juice, honey, and thyme to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until honey is dissolved. Continue to simmer syrup until thickened and slightly reduced, (about 5 to 10 minutes). Remove from heat and steep covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on and discarding thyme.
- Put sliced fruit in a shallow bowl and drizzle with slightly warm syrup.
- Serve with crème fraiche and top with toasted almonds. Garnish with additional thyme sprigs and lemon zest if desired.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE