Spinach And Herb Cauliflower Couscous Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini boats filled with a spinach and cauliflower “couscous”.
- 6 small to medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- The zest of half a lemon
- The juice of one large lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Coarse sea salt
- ½ a medium sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, thinly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup/45g black olives (like kalamata), pitted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup/30g raw pine nuts, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted if desired for a nuttier taste
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds and pulp from the center. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt evenly over the zucchini. Place the salted zucchini face down on a shallow dish and set aside for at least 15-20 minutes to drain.
- In the meantime make the filling. Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. (Don’t over-process, you want a fluffy texture with grain-sized pieces)
- Add the chopped cauliflower, to the dressing and toss to combine. Add in the chopped spinach, finely chopped herbs and chopped black olives and toss again.
- Flip salted zucchini halves over and wipe dry with a clean cloth. Spoon cauliflower stuffing into each zucchini half, top with pine nuts and serve immediately.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE