Raw Tacos With Spicy Zucchini Salsa And Creamy Cilantro Sauce
No-cook veggie tacos with lots of crunch.
For the creamy cilantro sauce:
- ½ cup/56 g cashews, soaked in warm water for an hour or overnight in cold water, drained
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed
- 3 Tablespoons/45ml filtered water
For the taco “meat”:
- 1 cup/112g raw or sprouted sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons/10ml coconut aminos
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons/10ml extra virgin olive oil
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 small green onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Tacos:
- red or green cabbage leaves for serving
Make the cilantro sauce:
- Start soaking the cashews in water the night before. Cover and store in fridge.
- Place the soaked cashews and the rest of the sauce ingredients in a small food processor or high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Cover and store in fridge until needed.
Make the taco “meat”:
- Place the ingredients for the taco “meat” in the bowl of a small food processor and pulse briefly until just crumbly (don’t over-process or it will become oily). Set aside.
Make the salsa:
- Combine all the of salsa ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
Assemble the tacos:
- Add a few heaping spoonfuls of taco “meat” into cabbage leaves, followed by the salsa then top with the cilantro cashew sauce. Serve with a wedge of lime on the side if desired.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE