Raw Asparagus And Mushroom Salad With Walnuts And Miso Dressing
A raw asparagus salad with miso dressing and crunchy walnuts.
- 1 bunch thin asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed and bottom half peeled if stalks aren’t pencil thin
- 3 oz/ 85g baby portabella (aka cremini) mushrooms, cleaned and pat dry
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml light white or yellow miso, (organic and non-GMO)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons/22ml rice vinegar (unseasoned or you can use apple cider vinegar if you prefer)
- ½ tsp raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml mild flavored olive oil (or walnut oil)
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml water (or more if necessary to thin dressing)
- 1/4 cup/ 28g walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Working with 1 asparagus spear at a time, slice spears on the diagonal to create very thin slices. Transfer to a medium bowl (snap off tips as you get to the end of the spears and add to bowl). Shave mushrooms with a mandolin to create paper thin slices and add to bowl as well.
- Combine miso, rice vinegar, honey, oil and water in a small bowl and briskly whisk until well blended and a pourable consistency (add more water to thin if necessary).
- Drizzle miso dressing over shaved mushrooms and asparagus and toss to coat.
- Divide asparagus salad among plates. Top with toasted walnuts and serve.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE