Peach, Cherry And Green Bean Salad With Basil Vinaigrette
A sweet and savory salad filled with green beans, peaches and cherries.
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons/45ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml Champagne or white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb. haricots verts (thin French green beans), ends trimmed
- 3 oz/ 85g mache lettuce
- 2 small ripe but firm yellow peaches, sliced
- ½ lb cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- ¼ cup/28g pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz/85g goat cheese, cut into thin slices
- In a small food processor, add the basil, oil and vinegar and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Bring a medium pan of salted water to a boil; add green beans and cook until just tender (about 2-3 minutes). Transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and lightly pat dry.
- In a large bowl, toss together the basil vinaigrette with the mache, green beans, peaches and cherries until well combined. Top with chopped pistachios and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE