Olive Thyme Mini Muffins
Grain-Free mini muffins studded with olives and fresh thyme.
- ¼ cup/32g arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup/ 30g coconut flour
- ¼ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 60g (about 16) black pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 4 to 5 small branches of fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tablespoons/60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 oz sheep’s milk feta, crumbled (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners or grease lightly with oil.
- In a small bowl combine the arrowroot with the coconut flour and baking powder and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Finely chop the olives along with the garlic, fresh thyme leaves and salt running your knife multiple times through and smashing the mixture lightly with the side of the blade. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the olive oil and eggs until well combined.
- Add the olive mixture and whisk again. Add the flour mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined and you have a loose batter. Add in crumbled feta if using and stir again.
- Pour batter into the lined or greased muffin cups and bake for about 14-16 minutes until the tops are just lightly golden. Remove from oven and set to cool on a wire rack.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE