Moroccan Spiced Roasted Sweet Potatoes And Carrots
Roasted carrots and sweet potatoes vibrant with spice.
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 pound carrots, sliced in half and into thick strips
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- The juice of half a small lemon
- ¼ cup black Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss the carrots and sweet potatoes with oil and spices and roast in a shallow baking pan in lower third of oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
- Squeeze the lemon over the warm vegetables and toss with the chopped olives.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve warm.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE