Greek Inspired Zucchini, Halloumi And Artichoke Skewers
Greek inspired Halloumi, zucchini and artichoke skewers.
For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup/60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml fresh lemon juice (from about ½ a lemon)
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1½ teaspoons dried
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon, grated
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Skewers:
- 8 ounces/225g Halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 small zucchini, cut lengthwise and then into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces/310g (1 bag ) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (or drained water packed artichoke hearts)
- Metal or Bamboo skewers
For the Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon black Greek olives, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/8th teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- More chopped fresh Italian parsley for serving (optional)
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- In a large bowl whisk together all the marinade ingredients. Add the Halloumi, zucchini and artichoke hearts and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pre-heat your grill to a medium heat or your oven to 400 F if baking. (If using bamboo cocktail skewers, be sure to soak them in water beforehand.)
- Thread the marinated vegetables onto the skewers.
- Brush generously with remaining marinade and set the rest aside.
- Grill until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred (6 to 8 minutes), or bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven turning over once.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the reserved marinade and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the skewers to a serving platter and drizzle with the sauce and extra parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE