Dark Chocolate Bark With Ginger, Pumpkin Seeds And Apricots
A sweet and salty chocolate treat.
If you can’t choose between sweet and salty, opt for this simple, no-bake chocolate treat made with dark chocolate, dried fruit and pumpkin seeds.
- 1 pound / 16 oz bittersweet chocolate (preferably 70%), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup/ 2oz pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup/ 1 oz dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup/ 1 oz crystallized or candied ginger, thinly sliced
- A few pinches of fleur de sel
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To temper chocolate: Using a microwave, place 2/3rds of chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl (set aside remaining chocolate). Heat chocolate for 30 seconds at 50 percent power and then stir with a rubber spatula. Repeat, heating for 30 seconds and stirring, until almost all the chocolate in the bowl is melted, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Using an instant-read thermometer, check temperature of chocolate. It should be no more than 118°. If it hasn’t reached desired temperature, continue to heat (in 10-second increments). Then add reserved chocolate and stir constantly until completely melted and smooth and thermometer reads 88° to 90°. Chocolate is now tempered.
- To make bark: Pour and spread chocolate with a spatula in an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick, on parchment paper. Sprinkle with the seeds and dried fruit and a pinch of fleur de sel. Tap the pan to settle the toppings into the chocolate.
- Allow bark to cool until hard and use a sharp knife to cut into pieces.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE