Citrus Endive Avocado Salad
Crisp endive leaves, citrus fruit and avocado slices are dressed with a honeyed vinaigrette.
- 1 teaspoon raw orange blossom honey (or any other fragrant honey, for vegan substitute liquid sweeter of your choice)
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60ml extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil )
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 small ripe Hass avocados
- 1 large red grapefruit
- 2 medium tangerines (plus more for juice for the vinaigrette)
- 4 medium endives, trimmed, leaves separated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup/28g roasted almonds, chopped
- Place the honey, tangerine juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl . Slowly whisk in the oil until emulsified.
- Cut the avocados in 1/2, removing the seed and carefully cut each half into thick slices in the shell. Carefully peel the shell and remove the slices.
- Toss the avocado slices in the vinaigrette to prevent them from browning while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and tangerines removing all the white pith, then cut into segments by cutting between the membranes to release the wedges or cut crosswise into rounds.
- Arrange the avocado slices, endive leaves and citrus segments on a large platter. Spoon the remaining vinaigrette on top, sprinkling with the chopped mint, chopped almonds and additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE