Cherry Tomato, Olive And Thyme Focaccia Bread
A tender and chewy grain-free focaccia studded with cherry tomatoes and olives.
This tender and chewy grain-free focaccia is a tasty, healthy alternative to pizza. Serve studded with vibrant cherry tomatoes and flavorful olives to please your dinner guests!
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup/30ml plain yogurt
- ¼ cup/ 30g coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8th teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup/ 112g grated fontina and parmesan cheese
- 8oz / 228g baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ Tablespoon/7g extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup/60g black olives, pitted and quartered or halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 oz/ 50g fresh whole milk mozzarella, cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat the eggs and yogurt in a bowl until well combined.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cheese in medium sized bowl.
- Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, thyme leaves, olives and mozzarella in another bowl, add a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add the beaten eggs and yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture in one large or two smaller oval shapes with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Top with the tomato, olive and mozzarella mixture and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly puffed and golden around the edges.
- Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE