Black Beluga Lentil Salad With Mushrooms, Dandelion Greens and Mustard Vinaigrette
A warm lentil and dandelion greens salad with mushrooms and mustard vinaigrette.
- 200g / 1 cup black beluga lentils
- sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon15ml of sherry vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 oz / 114 g cremini (baby portabella) mushrooms, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 small bunch of young dandelion greens, torn into small pieces
- 56g/ 2 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- 60g / ½ cup toasted walnuts or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Rinse lentils well and add them to the boiling water with a big pinch of salt. Lower heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile make the vinaigrette by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the thinly sliced mushrooms, toss and set aside.
- Drain lentils. Add warm lentils to the dressed mushrooms and add greens. Toss to coat and top with goat cheese and toasted nuts.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE