Avocado and Romaine Salad With Walnuts
A bright, kicky dressing and an effortless salad with lively layers of cool romaine, smooth avocado flesh and toasty walnuts.
Served as a side to your main dish or prepared as a quick lunch, this salad is light and effortless. It’s prepared with a bright, kicky dressing, lively layers of cool romaine, smooth avocado and topped with toasty walnuts.
- 2 Tablespoons/ 30ml white wine or champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh shallots, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons/ 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 romaine hearts (about 1lb), torn or chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 small avocados, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup/ 28g walnuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the shallots and mustard.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil until incorporated and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the romaine, chives and sliced avocados, toss well.
- Top with toasted walnuts and serve.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE