p1440 Announces Top International and Domestic Sponsored Athletes
Kerri Walsh Jennings’ event series and digital community, p1440, which encompasses a professional beach volleyball tournament, personal development experiences, a music festival and a health & wellness village mirrored by a powerful online community, announces its first round of top international and domestic sponsored athletes. The nine professional athletes are from around the world—Brazil, Spain, Latvia, and the U.S. p1440 is not only providing athletes with more opportunities to play beach volleyball, but also supporting athlete’s careers financially through its top level sponsorship.
p1440 is elevating volleyball around the world with its sponsorship of nine top international and domestic athletes.
“p1440’s sponsorship of these talented athletes is a big step in the right direction for the sport of beach volleyball at a national and international level. By directly sponsoring them, we’re changing the game for the athletes—supporting their careers in various ways and lifting them financially,” said Walsh Jennings, co-founder of p1440. “We believe professional beach volleyball athletes should be treated with respect and acknowledged for their dedication, skills and hard work. We intend for these sponsorships to better allow these athletes to focus on their craft; this is a luxury not currently afforded in our sport. Change has come.”
The first round of p1440 top international and domestic sponsored athletes are:
- Maria Elisa Antonelli (Brazil)—Antonelli won Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) Tour Champion 2014 as well as Team of the Year 2014 with her partner, Juliana Felisberta. She has also competed in the London 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Carolina Solberg Salgado (Brazil)—Known for her powerful spikes and intense accuracy, Salgado has made an international impression in the beach volleyball community. She captured gold in the 2004 FIVB Under-18 World Championship and again in the Under-21 World Championship in 2005.
- Pedro Salgado (Brazil)—Sagaldo comes from a family of beach volleyball and became the fourth youngest player to win an “open” SWATCH-FIVB World Tour gold medal in 2006.
- Janis Smedins (Latvia)—Smedins took home bronze at the London 2012 Summer Olympics and has won several FIVB awards, including Best Sportsperson 2013 and Best Offensive Player 2013 and 2016.
- Aleksandrs Samoilovs (Latvia)—Samoilovs is an experienced beach volleyball Olympian who’s competed in the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics and the London 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Adrián Gavira Collado (Spain)—Collado has taken home gold at the FIVB Beach Volleyball World Tour 2016, competed in the London 2012 Summer Olympics and won FIVB Top Rookie 2008.
- Pablo Herrera Allepuz (Spain)—Allepuz has represented his country at the Olympics three times—taking home silver in Athens 2004 Summer Olympics.
- Miles Evans (USA)—Evans was one of four players selected to play in the World University Games in Portugal for the Under 26 USA Beach Volleyball Program. He is no stranger to competing internationally and has climbed the ranks in the USA with his partner Bill Kolinske.
- Bill Kolinske (USA)—Kolinske was ranked 12th in the United States and received the AVP’s Most Improved Player award in 2015. He continues to train on and off the court to keep his game strong playing internationally and domestic with his eyes set for Tokoyo 2020 with his partner, Evans.
All p1440 top sponsored athletes listed above, along with Walsh Jennings, will all be competing in the FIVB Ostrava, Czech Republic 4 star event on June 20 – 24. p1440 athletes can be identified by wearing the p1440 logo while competing.
The p1440 inaugural season will launch its first event in September 2018 in San Jose, followed by Las Vegas, San Diego and Huntington Beach. p1440’s inaugural season will have its first four events in 2018 and four events in early 2019. In summer of 2018, the p1440 event series will also be supported 24/7 by a powerful digital community that will provide constant inspiration and an abundance of resources to support living an optimal life. Together, the event series and digital experience will revolutionize and revitalize the sport of beach volleyball, provide a credible platform for aspiring and professional athletes, grow the volleyball audience and become the leading resource for individuals to live playfully.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE